« May 2009 |
| July 2009 »
Posted by Houston on June 10, 2009 at 11:15 AM | Permalink
The following eight guiding principles underlie ourcall to action.
In order to achieve full civil rights now, we avow:
1. Full civil rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender individuals must be enacted now. Delay and excuses are no longer acceptable.
2. We will not leave any part of our community behind.
3. Separate is never equal.
4. Religious beliefs are not a basis upon which to affirm or deny civil rights.
5. The establishment and guardianship of full civil rights is a non-partisan issue.
6. Individual involvement and grassroots action are paramount to success and must be encouraged.
7. Success is measured by the civil rights we all achieve, not by words, access or money raised.
8. Those who seek our support are expected tocommit to these principles.
Posted by Houston on June 05, 2009 at 10:13 PM | Permalink