The following eight guiding principles underlie our
call to action.
In order to achieve full civil rights now, we avow:
1. Full civil rights for lesbian, gay, bisexual and
transgender individuals must be enacted now.
Delay and excuses are no longer acceptable.
2. We will not leave any part of our community behind.
3. Separate is never equal.
4. Religious beliefs are not a basis upon which to
affirm or deny civil rights.
5. The establishment and guardianship of full civil
rights is a non-partisan issue.
6. Individual involvement and grassroots action are
paramount to success and must be encouraged.
7. Success is measured by the civil rights we all
achieve, not by words, access or money raised.
8. Those who seek our support are expected to
commit to these principles.